NGFS Database Submission Guidelines:
· Electronic — this is the preferred method of submittal
· GEDCOM file — document source material as appropriate (preferred)
· Document file — list individuals with events clearly identified and source material referenced as much as possible. May be from a word processor or a text file.
· Paper — should be in a family group record format
· Sources should be referenced for the appropriate events.
· Print or type so that it is easily readable.
· Provide a copy of source material if at all possible (do not send originals).
· If the source is from a book, ensure that a copy is made of the referenced material and that the name and author of the book and location within the book is identified.
· If the source is an official document, make sure that the document or record number can be identified.
· If the source is electronic, identify where it came from:
· Website: full website name (URL)
· CD: name of CD and company that produced it
3. How to submit and what happens afterward:
· Email material to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Send paper copies to: Matt Beard, 10318 Sagegate Dr., Houston, TX 77089
· The material will be evaluated and any discrepancies will be identified and worked on.
· If a problem is identified and data is not accepted, the submitter will be informed of why
· Accepted data will be incorporated into the NGFS database over the next update cycle (1-2 months)
· The web site will be updated with the new database
updated 5/7/03 - GMB